- "The Cost of Industrial Leap Forward in China: Evidence from SO2 and Public Health", 2018, with Shuo Chen and Qin Yao, China Economic Review, vol. 49(C), pages 68-83.
- "Crisis Coordination and the Role of Social Media in Response to COVID-19 in Wuhan, China", 2020, with Yanto Chandra and Naim Kapucu, American Review of Public Administration, vol. 50, pages 698-705.
- "From Women for Women: The Role of Social Media in Online Nonprofit Activities during Wuhan Lockdown", 2020, with Yanto Chandra, Lin Nie, and Yingying Fan, Public Administration and Development, vol. 40(5), pages 267-272.
- "Gone with the wind? Emissions of Neighboring Coal-fired Power Plants and Local Public Health in China." 2021, with Shuo Chen, Guang Shi, and Zhitao Zhu, China Economic Review, 101660.
- "Agile Governance: Unpacking Government Social Media Messaging Strategies during COVID-19 Pandemic in China". 2021. Submit to Policy & Internet. (2nd R and R). With Yanto Chandra and Yingying Fan.
- "Stealing the Spotlight of a Ballot: Evidence from Communist Elections". 2021. Submit to Journal of Politics. Under Review. With Li Tao.
- "Exploring Government Performance in Using Microblogging for Effective Crisis Communication". 2021. Submit to International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction. Under Review. With Naim Kapucu.
- "In the Shadow of Administrative Decentralization: The Impact of Devolution on Subnational Service Provision". 2021. Resubmit to Public Management Review.
- "Accountability from Cyberspace? Scandal Exposure and Official Governance in China". 2021. Political Science Research and Methods. Under Review. With Shuo Chen.
- "Information for Dictatorships: Cyberspace Administration and Government Responsiveness in China". 2019.
- "Trade Shocks and Urbanization: Evidence from County-level Data in China". 2020. Journal of Urban Economics. Under Review. With Chen Shuo and Wang Xuanyi.
Working in progress:
- "Punctuated Equilibrium and Power-sharing of the Authoritarianism: Evidence from China". With Norbert Chan.
- "Information Manipulation and Spillover Effects of Protest". With Yanto Chandra.
- "突发性公共危机中中国官方媒体的舆情管理模式研究—以 8.15 天津滨海新区爆炸和 3.30 四川木里森林火灾为例". With Jingyi Wei
- "A Long March for Survival: The Internet, Social Media and Government Accountability in China"
- "Structural Dilemmas: Fairy Tales and World of Ice and Fire in the Chinese Media"
- "Trial by the Masses? Media Coverage and Medical Dispute Judges in China"