- "The Cost of Industrial Leap Forward in China: Evidence from SO2 and Public Health", 2018, with Shuo Chen and Qin Yao, China Economic Review, vol. 49(C), pages 68-83.
- "Crisis Coordination and the Role of Social Media in Response to COVID-19 in Wuhan, China", 2020, with Yanto Chandra and Naim Kapucu, American Review of Public Administration, vol. 50, pages 698-705.
- "From Women for Women: The Role of Social Media in Online Nonprofit Activities during Wuhan Lockdown", 2020, with Yanto Chandra, Lin Nie, and Yingying Fan, Public Administration and Development, Forthcoming.
- "Agile Governance: Unpacking Government Social Media Messaging Strategies during COVID-19 Pandemic in China". 2020. Submit to Government Information Quarterly. Under Review. With Yanto Chandra and Yingying Fan.
- "Secrets of Ghost Towns: Career Incentives and Politically Driven Urbanization in China". Resubmit to Journal of Urban Economics. With Shuo Chen.
- "Accountability from Cyberspace? Scandal Exposure and Official Governance in China". 2020. Political Communication. Under Review. With Shuo Chen.
- "Information for Dictatorships: Cyberspace Administration and Government Responsiveness in China". 2019.
- "Gone with the Wind? Coal- fired Power Stations and Public Health". 2020. Resubmit to China Economic Review. With Chen Shuo, Shi Guang, and Zhu Zhitao.
- "Trade Shocks and Urbanization: Evidence from County-level Data in China". 2020. Journal of Urban Economics. Under Review. With Chen Shuo and Wang Xuanyi.
Working in progress:
- "Punctuated Equilibrium and Power-sharing of the Authoritarianism: Evidence from China". With Norbert Chan.
- "Information Manipulation and Spillover Effects of Protest". With Yanto Chandra.
- "Ballot Position Effects of Large Ballot Papers: Evidence from China’s Secretive Elite Elections". With Tao Li
- "突发性公共危机中中国官方媒体的舆情管理模式研究—以 8.15 天津滨海新区爆炸和 3.30 四川木里森林火灾为例". With Jingyi Wei
- "A Long March for Survival: The Internet, Social Media and Government Accountability in China"
- "Structural Dilemmas: Fairy Tales and World of Ice and Fire in the Chinese Media"
- "Trial by the Masses? Media Coverage and Medical Dispute Judges in China"